Thursday, May 14, 2009

The End Is Near!

I officially have all of my work in. I still need to clean out my studio, which is soooo sad. I won't have a fully working studio of my own anymore! but that is about it. The show is up at Disjecta and at the Hoffman. The big opening is tomorrow night and graduation is on Saturday! Wow.


I still have to get a keg for Disjecta, dress up and party but otherwise, college is over. Time to face the real world. What a scary place to be in. It's kinda hard to believe I made it through all the hoops they made me jump through this year. Paper - done. Orals - done. Speech - done. Body of work - done. Gallery install - done. Hundreds of pieces of paper signed by hundreds of people - done. Meeting after agonizing meeting - done. I'm DONE!
It feels good but I also have so much time I don't know what to do with myself. My summer job doesn't start til the end of June and only goes through August. I need a project. I need to make something. I just got done making something huge, but still, I need to make more. I guess that's the life of an artist. Make, make, make.

Please join me in the celebration of my thesis work. It only took one year to finish! Friday night, 6-9pm at Disjecta - 8371 N Interstate Portland OR 97217 Free food and booze! www.disjecta.org
The show titled "29."

LDM

No comments:

Post a Comment