Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Cut My Hair!

Okay, every image I can find of pre-hair cut is really bad. But you get the idea...shorter, layered, no bangs, fine hair:

I usually pulled the "bangs" over with a bobby pin to keep them from sliding into view. I was getting tired of this cut so took a chance and looked up a salon online. I found Bliss in SE and Nicole, who cut my hair like this:

LOVE IT! I wanted bangs but was scared because I haven't had them since I was um...12. I also didn't really want a straight bob. Nicole, who was my stylist that I was matched with, listened to my concerns, asked lots of questions which was great, and along the way she even continued to ask me if I liked where it was going. I have very fine hair, sometimes I think I'm balding, and she knew exactly what to do with it. She also asked what products I was using. I told her that I just used ones that other stylists had suggested. She had some of them on her little counter. She asked how they worked for me because she would not recommend those for me and I said, that yeah, they didn't work, I just thought I was using them wrong.
It was very refreshing to have the person cutting your hair really be concerned about getting it right.
I don't like to deal with my hair a lot. I want to spend very little time working on it each day, and so far, it has been wonderful. I put the product she suggested in, blow dry and that's it. Done.
So, Yippee to Bliss and to Nicole!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment