Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"In her eyes,...I can see,...something,...something..."

I have to get glasses.

I know it doesn't seem like that big of a deal yet somehow it's all I can think about. Will my work as an artist change now that I can see? Probably. But most likely for the better.

I have been having trouble with blurriness for sometime now but have simply kept putting off going to the doctor since I knew they would tell me I needed glasses. I was prescribed them originally at 16, and never wore the ones I was given, I am now 25 and facing the facts.

I started seeing this squiggly floaty line thing in my left eye, about mmm...two months ago and it worried me. I would have booked an appointment right then, yet I was having insurance issues. Good thing I waited because in the meantime I found a great doctor.

There are many galleries around town I frequent as an artist looking at other artists work (it's part of the job.) but I was required to go to a gallery I had never been to before called Ogle. It was for a class to see some very intriguing work. Turns out Ogle is a gallery and an eye care practice..."art for your eyes" they call it. A wonderful husband and wife team ( Dr. Jeremy Graziano and his wife Valentina Barroso - Graziano (who is an artist also)) run the place.
Since I did not have an eye doctor I looked them up online fascinated with the idea of merging the two professions of a couple into one business. The reviews were good so I went ahead and made an appointment.
Today I went and had my exam. Dr. Graziano and Valentina were amazing. I felt so cared for. I would recommend them to anyone. Although I did find a pair of glasses I liked I could not get them as they were $499 dollars (a LITTLE out of my budget). It was not shocking to me though, since they were a work of art themselves, but it did make me kinda sad to not call them my own.
So now I am on the hunt with my new prescription from the doc for a pair of glasses that suit me and my pocketbook. A hard task I know. If I'm going to have to wear these glasses "regularly" then I better damn well like them.
I'm sure though once our paths cross (and I hope it is soon) it will be love, since I will be able to see what love looks like...I just hope it's not a shock to my system.

LDM

No comments:

Post a Comment