Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In sickness AND in health...

Patrick and I are both sick.
He came home from work one day last week feeling ill and a day later I was feeling the same. They don't explain to you in marriage counsloring that you will be sharing everything, including sicknesses. It started with a sore throat and has progressed into snot and mucus and green and yellow boogers galore, making being a newlywed oh so romantic. The cold seemed to have made it's way out of our home after we tried to absorb as many vitamins as possiable and eat dozens of oranges and lay around sleeping for 10+ hours. Yet, last night, it caught up with us AGAIN.
I think it was because I thought the cold had left me and continued to work hard on my thesis but drank too much wine at a photoshoot, resulting in lowering my bodies defense and feeling like crap again soon after (which usually happens when I drink too much but I never seem to learn.)
And thanks to said thesis I have a flare up of what my doctor calls "stress ecezma." A lovely rash I get under my arms when I am stressed. The only cure...a steroid ointment. Jeez, sometimes being human is sooo much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment