Thursday, December 25, 2008

Color theme

One of the first things to do when planning a wedding is to get your color palette down. I went to the local paint store and picked up a bunch of samples in three colors I liked. Two main colors and one accent. I picked up a few of them so I could put some in my wedding journal (a nice way to keep all your information straight and to show someone EXACTLY what you mean by "ruffles"), always had some in my purse and gave them to my bridesmaids for reference. That way everything that I bought or decided on I could match up to the colors. If I had to many different shades of the same color it was likely to look horrible.

This was one of the main colors. A bright yet not highlighter bright yellow. Soft yet saturated.
The second main color was what I like to call "Garden Green." Spring like, not too dark.

And the accent color was good old chocolate brown. This way I could through it in if need be, because you can find chocolate brown everywhere.

So pick out your colors first and find samples. That way all the decisions you have to make will come a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment