Monday, December 22, 2008

The Dress

Let's get on to the dress. Certainly a very important part of getting married for any woman out there. We all want to look good. Especially when standing in front of almost everyone you know. And having a thousand pictures taken of you to be shown for generations to come. Finding a dress for me was quite easy. I vowed not to try on any thousand(s) dollar dresses. I could not justify to myself why I would need to spend that much money on dress for one day.
I ended up at David's Bridal. My step-mother and I went in really just to look and I ended up getting a dress that day. To tell you the truth the whole trying on dresses adventure is exhausting. It's a lot of work to get in and out of those things! Well, these ended up being the top three:
This dress with the bow had to be my favorite. It was all beads and I loved the halter top neck. I think I looked damn good in it too. In the beginning I was dead set on not getting a strapless number because looking in magazines etc. they all seemed to be strapless. There were a few problems with this dress though. #1 : It was very heavy, with all those beads and lace...I couldn't see myself dancing in it. And since we were having an outside wedding I thought I might get really hot (which was true, our wedding day was one of the hottest days all year, like 103 or something!) #2 : It needed alterations, which equals more time dealing with the David Bridal people, more money and in my mind more stress. #3: Some of the beads were coming off and so they would either need to be fixed or I would need to have them find me another dress. #4 : It was over my price limit.
This dress was also in the top three. I thought it made my natural curves look hot! The price was right in the $400 range. Problem #1: It had a sparkly thing with fake diamonds on the boob area (which my step-mother called a boob jewel!). I am not a fan of diamonds (especially fake ones) which I will explain more later. #2 : Taking a closer look I realized that the sheer fabric was only on the front part of the dress , not the back. So there was this big seam that went down both sides of the dress and made it look cheap.This dress here is the winner! My face doesn't look very happy but that's because my step-mother doesn't know how to use a camera and I was quite concerned. It fit perfectly, yippee! No alterations I just had them add a bustle on the back. Nice little train. Light, not too heavy. Beautiful details around the waist band. I felt very comfortable in it. And including the bustle and special under ware it was exactly $500! And it was all done in one trip.

Now this is of course not my dream dream dress. That would be something that would have cost over $5000. No way. But it works. I felt sexy and beautiful and really that's all that matters.





No comments:

Post a Comment