Saturday, December 27, 2008

Location

We originally wanted to get married in front of our favorite waterfall in the forest...Little Zigzag. But after hiking there many times we realize my grandmother would have to be carried in and there would only be room for thirty people...and its really hard to narrow down your family and friends into only thirty people.
So we ended up getting married out in the countryside in the back yard of a 1890's farm house. The house was the same color yellow I had chosen for our palette and it would force us to have a small wedding which I so wanted. We ended up with about 120 invites but I think only 100 of that showed up.
This was one of those issues I had to fight about. My parents wanted to invite their friends, my mother wanted to invite all of my distant relatives, ones who I don't even know their name. We wanted everyone there to have some real connection to us. People that truly loved us. I think it was the best decision. I could not imagine a large wedding, it would be quite overwhelming.


We had the whole place to ourselves. We got ready that day in the house. The caterer's used the kitchen. We could party as late as we wanted. We could be as loud as we wanted. My uncle even parked his motor home on the property and stayed the night. My cousin slept in one of the empty rooms. It was wonderful.

This is the view standing from where we got married towards the back of the house.
This is the view from the house...look at all those chairs...when they were finally all up I was amazed at how beautiful they looked. We rented them from a local company along with the tables, table clothes, a dance floor and a little stage. They delivered them on Friday morning, the wedding was Saturday evening and they picked them up Sunday. It was so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment