Monday, December 29, 2008

Invitiations

Warning! LOTS OF IMAGES!!!!:

So here are my lovely invitations.... All in all it took a good two months to get 80 of these done. Let's start at the beginning: This is the envelope. Green, store bought, with a beautiful brown inked hand stamp of a tree. Each envelope was hand addressed by my self (I have pretty damn good handwriting and I was not about to hire some calligrapher!) the main address sitting right under the tree and the return address on the back flap. The stamps, not shown here...ended up being a little brown and orange chair and I wanna say a dragonfly but my memory is already fading....maybe it was Frank Sinatra...I remember there being some debate at the Post Office over this...anyway....

This is the inner lining of the envelope. I took multiple found images from a botanical book and pasted them together and then photocopied enough to paste inside the store bought envelopes....
This is what the invatation looked like when pulled out of the envelope...a little bundle tied by yarn...
I printed in brown ink the invite in traditional language on vellum....
Which was then sewed with a sewing machine onto handmade paper I made. I ground the cotton, dyed the cotton , added leaves from Patrick's maple tree and pulled the paper....then I carved out of wood these three little flowers which I then handprinted onto the paper using a very old press in green oil based ink, (woodcut print)....
For the direction cards I bought a cheap book on flowers, with the botanical drawings. I tore out the pages of the book and sewed them to green card stock....
On the opposite side of the card stock I printed the direction s to the wedding in brown ink....On the left over yellow paper I made, I printed an RSVP card which I stamped with a dandelion image that I then added embossing power to...heated it up...and the dandelion was embossed (raised). On a little seperate piece of paper I added the places where Patrick and I were registered...REI, Crate and Barrel and Target....and of course added a self addressed and stamped envelope...


TaDa!

No comments:

Post a Comment